Thursday, April 5, 2012

california art club

There's nothing quite like cruising down Colorado Boulevard (Pasadena) on a perfect day in sunny California.  That's where I was a week ago, on my way to the Autry Museum in Los Angeles for the California Art Club's annual Gold Medal Show.  I work most weekends and infrequently attend art shows, but this is one I make time for.  The CAC show features many of the finest painters in the state; from both Northern and Southern California. 





















The Knowlton Gallery had an amazing number of artists included in the show!  A highlight was seeing Ray Roberts win the Gold Medal, voted on by his peers, for "Crashing Waves at Garrapata."
As in all my travels, I like to seek out cool signage and great places to eat.  This time we found an original, "The Oinkster" in Eagle Rock, and it was packed with people.  In South Pasadena we took the advice posted by another blogger and ate at a fantastic French restaurant, Bistro De La Gare, at 921 Meridian Avenue.  It's a neighborhood place, casual and inexpensive, but they know their food and wines.










No comments:

Post a Comment